HP MOPy Fish
Take care of a virtual pet fish in this classic screensaver from Hewlett Packard (HP) titled MOPy Fish. Released in 1997, the screensaver is similar to the Tamagotchi but with a virtual fish whose "scientific" name is Piscenus Mopei Floataneus. You must feed and play with your pet fish to keep it alive and happy. Whenever you send documents to your computer printer, you will collect MOPy (Multiple Original Printouts) points that you can exchange for accessories such as rocks and plants, bubbles, a thermometer and baby fish.
The MOPy Fish screensaver will only work on 32-bit versions of Windows. If "mopyfish" does not appear in your list of screensavers, please consult our installation instructions.
Do you have a question about this screensaver? Post it on our message board »
- Double-click the mopyfish_setup.exe file as soon as it has been downloaded to start the install program.
- Follow the instructions to install the MOPyFish screensaver.
- If installation was completed successfully but "mopyfish" does not appear in the list of screensavers within the Screen Saver Settings panel, use the Windows Explorer to locate the "mopyfish" screensaver file in your Windows folder (usually C:\Windows), right-click it, select "Rename", and then rename the file to to "SSmopyfish". Some versions of Windows, including XP, may only recognize screensavers with filenames beginning with "SS".
- Right-click the SSmopyfish file and select "Install". You should now be able to find "mopyfish" among your other screensavers.
Anti-virus report for HP MOPy Fish
Our editors have reviewed all files and found them to be safe, but they are also checked automatically using many different virus scanners. We are happy to share the results.
|Last scanned||2 weeks ago|
We have 1 file for "HP MOPy Fish"
- mopyfish_setup.exe (Windows)
|File report #1|
|Target system||Microsoft Windows|
|File size||1.35 MB (1,413,728 bytes)|
|File type||Portable Executable (EXE)|
|Detection ratio||0/61 (0%) View report|
|Last downloaded||2 hours ago|
User reviews (3)
Love it. Only thing was I unplugged my pc for a while to work on other things and when I brought it back up MOPY was floating upside down and curved.
This screensaver was the biggest hit at work in the late 90's. People became so attached to their fish that I would help feed them when they went on leave. I told my grand daughter about it this week and was so excited to find that Mopey is still alive and well.
I had it in 1997-98 for about two years. It is amazing! It is realistic and entertaining!
Now I remembered it and search for it to reinstall. Found a lot but no one like that.
100% recommend this one.