After Dark: Flying Toasters
A recreation of the Flying Toasters screensaver that was part of the After Dark series of original screensavers for the Apple Mac operating system. Bread toasters with wings and toasted slices of bread fly through the screen against a solid black background.
Is your question not listed? Post it on our message board »
|Flying Toasters Dont Work on OS X 10.5, 10.7 or 10.10||2||1 year ago|
|Mac Flying Toasters Freezes after 5 seconds||1||1 year ago|
- Extract the screensaver file from the After Dark Flying Toasters ZIP file you downloaded, to the Windows folder on your hard drive, usually located at C:\Windows.
- Right-click the screensaver file where you copied it and select "Install".
Apple Mac OS X
- Double-click the "After Dark Flying Toasters.saver" contained within the ZIP file you downloaded to install the screensaver.
- If OS X complains the program can't be opened because it is "from an unidentified publisher," right-click the screensaver file and select "Open", then click "Open" again.
Anti-virus report for After Dark: Flying Toasters
Our editors have reviewed all files and found them to be safe, but they are also checked automatically using many different virus scanners. We are happy to share the results.
|Virus scanner||After Dark Flying Toasters Win.zip||After Dark Flying Toasters Mac.zip|
|Last scanned||4 days ago||6 days ago|
* When only a few of the virus scanners detect a problem with a file, this usually indicates a false alarm. While we cannot guarantee the safety of any file for 100%, we review them all carefully and report false positives to the anti-virus companies.
We have 2 files for "After Dark: Flying Toasters"
- After Dark Flying Toasters Win.zip (Windows)
- After Dark Flying Toasters Mac.zip (Mac)
|File report #1|
|File name||After Dark Flying Toasters Win.zip|
|Target system||Microsoft Windows|
|File size||29.14 kB (29,843 bytes)|
|File type||ZIP archive|
|Detection ratio||1/14 (7.14%) View report|
|Last downloaded||2 hours ago|
|File report #2|
|File name||After Dark Flying Toasters Mac.zip|
|Target system||Apple Mac|
|File size||21.47 kB (21,989 bytes)|
|File type||ZIP archive|
|Detection ratio||0/14 (0%) View report|
|Last downloaded||23 minutes ago|
User reviews (26)
Great screensaver. No settings, alas. But it's free and works on Catalina! I like the retro stuff. This a feel-good screensaver.
Sadly doesn't work on XP for me :/ 2 stars
Major Love for Flying Toasters. Really Relax My Mind.
Fantastic. I wish operating systems had more character like they did in the good old days. Nowadays everything is so sterile and there's no way at all to add personal touches to your environment. Sad. But this screensaver really helps bring back the memories of better OS days. Very, very well done.
Great to have a FREE version that works with Windows 10.
(I have home version with all updates as of 7/2019).
Installed and worked no problems.
great! pity that you haven't any personalization about dimensions, speed... but ok, it's freeware :)
I think they are a great piece of art and they are very much missed, I flourished with them growing up with Windows 3.0, 98 and XP.
I would also like to see an updated Free Agent Screen savers like Morface, On Patrol, etc...
Nice touch of nostalgia - works fine on Mojave. (OS 10.14)
Great Screensaver! Only Problem is that it Does Not Work on Mac OS 10.6.8.
Not optimized for 4k screen. The instants of the toasters disappear before they are out of the screen, and none of them reaches the bottom left of the screen.
Its Does Not Have Any Of The Customization The Original Had
Works perfectly on Mac OS on both single and multiple display setups.
Sadly does not work on multiple monitors, and doesn't even make the second monitor black, wanted to like this, but that's unfortunate :-(
Very nice. It reminds on former times working with Windows XP. Now I have installed the screensaver to Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1709. To install the screensaver copy the scr-file to C:\Windows\System32. To activate goto settings-personalization-lockscreen, scroll to last entry: settings screensaver.
Thank you! Really well executed/ported. I missed it! Works great!
Still have the original CD and run it on my XP machine. Shortly updating my machine and hope I can get it to run on Windows 10.
I like the falling bouncing balls (Marbles) the best.
Thank you for bringing this back!
THIS IS SO GREAT! Thank you for porting this over! :))))
Great thing, finally!
Suggestions for a new version:
user can use a configuration menue to define
- background image and foreground image (that reflects on toasters)
- light brightness and adjust color (affects flying items only)
- light location (affects flying items only)
nostalgia, nice nostalgia
I can watch it forever, like I used to do. Toasters fly a bit too smoothly, though.
Pretty good. In fact I love it! Except - no sound. I miss the Flying Toasters anthem
Flying out of the sun
The smell of toast is in the air
When there's a job to be done
The Flying Toasters will be there!
OMG the nostalgia! Runs so smoothly too.
Reminds me good memories!