Abstract images of colorful fractals from Mandelbrot sets alternate in this slideshow screensaver. A so-called 'Ken Burns' effect can be toggled via the settings panel. When enabled, the screensaver will slowly zoom in and out on the images.
Do you have a question about this screensaver? Post it on our message board »
Apple Mac OS X
- Double-click on the file you downloaded to mount it.
- A new window will open, where you can double-click the "Mandelbrot.saver" file to begin the installation process.
- You will be asked whether you want to install the screensaver only for the current user, or for all users. The default setting should be fine. Click "Install" to complete the installation process.
- You can now select and active the Mandelbrot screensaver from the "Desktop & Screen Saver" panel.
Anti-virus report for Mandelbrot
Our editors have reviewed all files and found them to be safe, but they are also checked automatically using many different virus scanners. We are happy to share the results.
|Last scanned||2 weeks ago|
We have 1 file for "Mandelbrot"
- Mandelbrot-Install-1.1.dmg (Mac)
|File report #1|
|Target system||Apple Mac|
|File size||4.06 MB (4,257,586 bytes)|
|File type||Apple Disk Image (DMG)|
|Detection ratio||0/14 (0%) View report|
|Last downloaded||3 days ago|
User reviews (4)
It looks like bad screenshots from an amazing screensaver I ran on Power Macs back in the day (20+ years ago). It IS possible to have real time generation, and it is beautifully mesmerising. I have never been able to find anything remotely like it. The only problem is if you left your desk for 5 minutes and came back as it was deep into generating, you didn't want to stop it, it was so incredible to watch happen. So I admit to many minutes NOT restarting work, watching my screensaver. Was the reason I went back to the Bad Dog....:)
I know nothing about creating Mandelbrot fractals but perhaps it would be too CPU intensive for a screensaver.
I can't imagine anyone being happy withy this screensaver. As previous comment said, its not calculating anything. You already have this screensaver on your computer. Take the image slider one, swap out your holiday pics for low res google pics of mandelbrot sets and presto! No need to install this. No need to keep it in a recommended list either.
weak. this is a slideshow of mandelbrot images, not actually calculating them. images are nice enough, but not very hi-res. don't look good on 5k monitor.