This screensaver mimics the falling green code seen in the popular 1999 film The Matrix, directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski, and starring Keanu Reeves. Matrix digital rain, as it is called, represents the (encoded) activity of the virtual reality environment that is the Matrix, and is displayed on computer screens throughout the movie. You can customize the rain by adjusting the decoding speed, cypher density, message display speed and font used. Additionally, you can insert coded messages into the screensaver, which will be gradually decoded on the screen.
- Windows 98 or newer
"Not yet reviewed"
Another Matrix was reviewed on [not yet reviewed].
These are installation notes for the Another Matrix screensaver.
- Double-click on the file downloaded above, then click "Yes" to start the installer.
- Click "Next". The default destination folder into which the screensaver will be installed, will be fine for most computers, so simply click "Next" again to continue.
- The installer will create a Start Menu folder, from where you can easily uninstall the screensaver. The default name for this folder has been entered, so you can click "Next" to proceed.
- It is not required or necessary to have the installer place a desktop icon and/or Quick Launch icon on your computer, so feel free to uncheck these boxes before you click "Next".
- Click "Install" to begin copying the necessary files to your computer. In a few seconds, installation will be complete, and you can click "Finish" to exit the setup wizard.
- You will be presented with a window that allows for the configuration of the Another Matrix screensaver. You can access these settings later via Windows's Screen Saver Settings panel.
- Please note that in your list of installed screensavers, this one is called "Matrix Screen Saver".