HAL 9000 Console Basic
The Basic Edition of the HAL 9000 (Console) screensaver features 28 separate animations and runs as a re-recreation of the eight-screen HAL 9000 console from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. In this film by Stanley Kubrick, as well as the series by writer Arthur C. Clarke, HAL 9000 is an artificially intelligent computer that can interact with the crew and control the systems of the Discovery One spacecraft. No music or sound effects are included.
Is your question not listed? Post it on our message board »
|HAL 9000 Advanced||3||8 months ago|
|Why won't my Apple Mac accept this application?||5||1 year ago|
- Double-click the file you downloaded to launch the installer program.
- If you accept the end-user license agreement for this screensaver, click "OK and Install".
- If you are notified that the screensaver already exists, simply click "OK".
Apple Mac OS X
- Double-click the file you downloaded to extract the application from the ZIP archive.
- In the folder where the ZIP archive was downloaded to (usually: Downloads), double-click the "HAL 9000 [Console] Basic" application to start the install program.
- Click "Continue" twice in a row, then check "I accept" if you agree to the end-user license agreement and click "Continue" again. Finally, click "Install".
- When the screensaver was successfully installed, click "Quit" to exit the installer.
- The Screen Saver panel will be opened, where "HAL 9000 [Console] Basic" should be listed among your other screensavers.
Anti-virus report for HAL 9000 Console Basic
Our editors have reviewed all files and found them to be safe, but they are also checked automatically using many different virus scanners. We are happy to share the results.
|Virus scanner||HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.EXE||HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.zip|
|Last scanned||1 month ago||1 week ago|
* When only a few of the virus scanners detect a problem with a file, this usually indicates a false alarm. While we cannot guarantee the safety of any file for 100%, we review them all carefully and report false positives to the anti-virus companies.
We have 2 files for "HAL 9000 Console Basic"
- HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.EXE (Windows)
- HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.zip (Mac)
|File report #1|
|File name||HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.EXE|
|Target system||Microsoft Windows|
|File size||2.40 MB (2,513,645 bytes)|
|File type||Portable Executable (EXE)|
|Detection ratio||1/15 (6.67%) View report|
|Last downloaded||8 hours ago|
|File report #2|
|File name||HAL 9000 [Console] Basic.zip|
|Target system||Apple Mac|
|File size||838.93 kB (859,064 bytes)|
|File type||ZIP archive|
|Detection ratio||0/15 (0%) View report|
|Last downloaded||9 hours ago|
User reviews (17)
can't open on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, not even the advanced version. any fix for this?
Is anyone aware if an advanced version is available in the console format? As one reviewer mentioned, just the 28 animations are terrific, but it would be so much better with the all animations included in the advanced versions.
Doesn't work on my High Sierra retina screen (just get blank screen).
Excellent! Captures the look and feel of the HAL Console... sometimes I just sit and watch the many animations on the screens.
The repackaged version works properly on High Sierra, so thanks! But may I add my own request for an updated Advanced version? With multiple monitors the effect is mesmerising.
Very happy to at least have the Basic screensaver update; any chance on the 4.0 Advanced Version being updated as well? I run multiple monitors and it was a gorgeous thing to see the individual screens on each one.
I love it. I used it to replace an older version on my Mac and this is much faster. I'm using High Sierra too, so I got that version.
There's an Advanced version of this screensaver which has all the animations full-screen, I think that's what Justin is referring to. If it's possible to repackage these screensavers so they work on High Sierra, is there any chance you could repackage that version too?
Hey that new version HCJ uploaded works on Sierra, but I liked the full screen Hal version better. HCJ can you make that one? I love this screensaver!
Screensavers Planet: That was our response to HJC's review, sorry if that was unclear. That version should display full-screen, but it doesn't for you? Please contact us or post to the message board and I'll look into it.
Does not work on OS X High Sierra.
Screensavers Planet: The High Sierra update for macOS breaks a lot of screensavers, unfortunately. Please try this repackaged version. It should work on High Sierra.
I love it. 2001 is my all-time favorite movie. I can pull up music from the movie and then activate the screensaver and it is a gas! That is all I need, man.
Only working on 2 of 3 monitors
On the original HAL 9000 a small screen would POP UP first and then expand to fill the screen. The nominal displays would be overridden by emergencies or problems. I was hoping for a HAL like system that kept track of the PC housekeeping. A small pop up showing hard drive, network, etc and then if the computer encounters an error it goes to the system screen or SYS showing what is happening.
Looks great, but sometimes it activates and I can't escape it once I'm back at my desk. Maybe this is a bug or perhaps it just thinks I want the pod bay doors open.. five stars if fixed!
Love this!! Have had it for several years now & visitors love it too! How much work would it be to port this for 3 or more monitors? It is even possible witout the source code? TNX-
Turns out the Flash update is a known problem. I did a system restore to get rid of the update and downloaded MS's hide and show updates tool.
Runs fine on Windows 10, 64-bit machine. There are sometimes duplicated displays on two or more of the eight screens, but generally looks very good.