This realistically rendered lantern hangs on a chain and slowly moves around on your screen, as if pushed by wind, while its flame burns bright and throws a light on the otherwise pitch-black backdrop. The video mode can be adjusted to improve graphic rendering, and sounds, though enabled by default, can be disabled easily.
- Windows XP or newer
"Not yet reviewed"
Lantern 3D was reviewed on [not yet reviewed].
These are installation notes for the Lantern 3D screensaver.
- Double-click on the file you downloaded above to start the Screensaver Setup Wizard.
- Click "Next" to continue. If you want to sign up for the developer's e-mail newsletter, enter your name and e-mail address into the form before you click "Next" again. This is entirely optional.
- If you accept the terms of the license agreement, indicate so by ticking the box, then click "Next".
- The default destination directory (usually C:\Program Files\Lantern 3D Screensaver) should be fine for most users, so unless you would prefer to change it, simply click "Next" again to proceed.
- The same goes for the Start Menu folder. If you want to change its name, you can do so, but the default folder (3Planesoft\Lantern 3D Screensaver) should be fine for most users. Click "Next".
- The next screen gives you the option to create a shortcut icon to this screensaver on your desktop. This is also optional, so feel free to uncheck the box before you click "Next".
- Now click "Install" to copy the screensaver to your computer.
- Once the installer has completed, click "Finish". Lantern 3D should now be among your other screensavers.