Cities of Earth 3D
A highly informative screensaver, Cities of Earth 3D displays a rotating planet earth, highlighting the largest cities of the world and displaying several statistics, such as the population, associated country and the local time. All the while, your own local time is displayed in the bottom right corner. Although the process is of a somewhat technical nature, you can optionally even add any additional cities, such as your own, to the screensaver via its settings.
- Windows XP or newer
- OpenGL 1.1 compatible video card
"Not yet reviewed"
Cities of Earth 3D was reviewed on [not yet reviewed].
These are installation notes for the Cities of Earth 3D screensaver.
- Double-click on the 3dcitiesofearth.exe file you downloaded above to start the installer, and click "Next" to proceed.
- You will be asked to select a destination location for this screensaver. The default selection (C:\Program Files\Cities of Earth) should be fine for most users, but you can customize the destination with the "Browse" button. Click "Next" again to move on to the next step.
- Click "Next" again unless you want to change the name of the Start Menu folder the installer will create.
- Creating a desktop icon for this screensaver is optional, so feel free to uncheck this box before you click "Next".
- Now click "Install" to begin copying the necessary files to your computer. Once completed, the installer will give you the option of visiting the author's website. It is enabled by default, so if you do not want to visit this website, simply uncheck the box before you click "Finish".
- You will now be able to find the screensaver via the Windows Screen Saver Settings panel, where, please note, it is listed as "Cities" rather than "Cities of Earth 3D".