How to change your screensaver
The Windows® operating system has a built-in Screen Saver Settings panel, from where you can easily select, preview and configure all the screensavers currently installed on your computer. This help article will guide you through the process of using this panel to change your current (default) screensaver to a different one.
Step 1: Open the Screen Saver Settings panel
- Right-click on your taskbar and select "Show the desktop" to bring up your Windows desktop.
- Your taskbar is the horizontal bar at the bottom of your screen, displaying the Start Menu button at the bottom left, and the current time at the bottom right, among other things. To bring up a menu with "Show the desktop" as an option, you will have to right-click on an empty area of your taskbar.
- If these step-by-step instructions do not seem right for your installation of Windows, please find instructions tailored to your version on the What is the Screen Saver Settings panel? help page.
Step 2: Select a screensaver
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow below "Screensaver" to bring up a list of installed screensavers.
- Now click on a screensaver of your choice. A preview will appear in the simulated computer screen above, but you can now also click the "Preview" button to view the screensaver in full-screen mode.
- Optionally, click "Configure" to change the screensaver's settings. Or change the "Wait" time, which is the amount of minutes of inactivity that have to pass before the screensaver is started.
- Click the "OK" button to save your changes.
You have now succesfully changed the default screensaver to one of your preference. Whenever you install a new screensaver, it should appear in the list among your other screensavers in the Screen Saver Settings panel.